Yoga Asanas To Reduce Lower Belly Fat
3. Camel Pose:
This is normally done to counter the Naukasana. The backward stretch that you experience as you touch your ankles in this pose helps in toning the abdominal muscles. The tension experienced by your belly muscles during Naukasana will now be released, at the same time enjoying a good stretch.
How To Do:
- Sit in Vajrasana. Slowly, lift your body up from your knees in such a way that you are now sitting with your whole body weight supported by your knees.
- Your heels should make a perpendicular line with the ground.
- Inhale and exhaling deeply, arch your back. Bring your hands behind your body and try to hold your ankles, one by one.
- Tilt your head behind and stretch backwards until you experience a stretch in your belly.
- Hold the posture for 20 to 30 seconds to begin with, working your way to 60 seconds, breathing normally.
- Exhale and slowly relax. Come back to Vajrasana.
- Repeat this pose for 5 times to begin with, working up to 30 times gradually. Relax for 15 seconds after each repetition.
4. Warrior Pose:
The warrior pose can be done in many ways and it is an effective yoga to lose weight fast. This pose aids in toning and strengthening the muscles of the back, abdomen, thigh and core and also promotes the calorie burning process.
How To Do:
- Stand with your feet closed and hands resting on the side.
- Move your right leg to the side and bend the right knee so that you come to a slight side lunge position.
- Your left leg should be stretched straight.
- Now, exhale and raise your arms to your sides so that they should be in a straight line with the shoulders.
- Inhale and straighten your right knee to come back to the starting position.
- Repeat the same on the other side.
5. Cobra Pose:
The list of yoga exercises to lose weight will be incomplete without the inclusion of the Cobra Pose in it. This asana helps in toning the abdomen, strengthening the back and shoulder muscles, expanding the chest and enhancing flexibility of the mid-section of the body.
How To Do:
- Lie on your belly and keep the toes flat on the floor, feet close to each other.
- Now place your hands beneath your shoulders and your elbows close to the torso.
- Inhale and raise your torso off the floor with the support of your arms.
- Arch your back as much as possible, tilt your head and look upwards.
- Hold this position for 1 minute and come back to the starting position.