How to Get Rid of Pimples at Home
Pimple is a disease that affects the teenagers most and though not critical, it sure makes the social life of a teenager miserable due to its appearance. It is a disease that has pestered the youth from time immortal and has popular home remedies practiced in all parts of the world. The pimples generally occur at face, though neck, back and shoulders are the other most popular body areas to host it. The scientific name for pimple is Acne Vulgaris. Sebum that is produced by the sebaceous glad keeps the skin and the hair on it moist. Excessive sebum secretion by the sebaceous glands during the adolescence is the main reason for pimple eruptions.
There are a number of things responsible for pimples. Different dermatologists have different theories for their emergence. Although, none of them indicate to a whole and sole cause of it, one thing that is common is that they are influenced by the skin condition of a person and the environmental conditions of where they live.
Causes of Pimples:
- Oily Skin
- Hormone changes.
- Heredity problems.
- Seasonal Changes.
- Lack of nutrition.
1. Tomato Pulp:
Tomatoes are acidic in nature and applying their pulp to the pimple causes the skin to dry and the pores of the skin in the region get tightened.
How to Apply:
- Cut a tomato in half, squeeze out a little of the pulp or the juice and apply on the pimple.
- If this causes you pain or drying of the skin, dilute the tomato pulp with a little water and use.
- Do not do this more than once or twice a day because it may lead to excessive drying of the skin which can be quite painful.
Fenugreek or methi has multiple benefits – not only is it helpful in keeping blood glucose levels low in diabetics, it also helps remove blackheads and prevent pimples from erupting.
How to Apply:
- Grind a few leaves of methi with a little water to make a smooth paste.
- At night, apply this paste to the area of the face that shows evidence of blackheads and wash off with warm water the next morning.
- Dry a few neem leaves in the sun and grind to a fine powder.
- Mix equal quantities of this powder, turmeric powder and a little rose water to form a paste.
- Apply this to the pimples, leave it on for around 20 minutes or so and then wash your face.