How to Get Rid of Pimples and Black Spots at Home
Pimples and Black spots on face doesn’t look good, this is the plain truth. We get the color of our skin due to the pigmented skin cells known as melanocytes. Sometimes, these melanocytes gather in some of the areas of the skin in higher amounts. These areas of skin then become darker or get black and dark spots. There may be many causes for black spots on your face. Hormonal imbalance is one of them. Sometimes, dark spots are due to some blood vessel deformities under the skin where these black spots appear on your face. However, excessive sun exposure seems to be the biggest reason behind dark black spots on face. Sun exposure can give you age spots, also known as liver spots, by damaging the pigment-producing melanocytes in your skin and leading to its higher production.
The good news is that you can get rid of black spots on your face caused by such reasons other than hormones and blood vessel deformities! While there are many skin cosmetics such as hydroquinone cream, tretinoin cream and azelaic acid cream as well as various skin treatments like chemical peels and intense pulsed light therapy, we are going to talk about the all natural ways to get rid of these black spots on your face. Yes, we would discuss some excellent home remedies for black spots on your face!
Reasons for Appearance of Pimples and Black Spots:
- Excessive exposure to the UV rays of the sun
- Hormonal Changes
- Effect of Certain Medication
- Progressing Age
- Skin Conditions such as psoriasis, allergies, acne, excessive inflammationes and Dark Spots:
1. Baking Soda:
This is not-so-coarse powder works wonders when used to remove acne marks or dark spots. It lightens the skin while sloughing off dead skin cells.
- Prepare a teaspoon of baking soda and mix it with a small amount of water. You may also use lemon juice to substitute water.
- Wash your skin and dry excessive water to leave it slightly damp.
- Apply while massaging it on the affected areas where acne marks are.
- Leave it for a minute or two. Always keep in mind not to leave it on your skin for a longer time as it may cause dryness.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water, then dry it with a clean towel.
- Don’t forget to apply moisturizer afterwards because baking soda can be very drying in some cases.
- You can use your favorite moisturizer, but in my case, I love using a very small amount of olive oil onto my face and give it a loving massage in a circular motion which leaves my skin well moisturized.
- Repeat this method 2-3 times a week.
2. Sandalwood and Rosewater:
Sandalwood is yet another time-tested remedy for skin problems. The potent antiseptic property of sandalwood makes it a powerful remedy for acne and pimples. It also functions as a natural astringent to remove excess oil from skin and control sebum production. The essential oil present in sandalwood improves skin tone, regenerates new cell formation and exfoliates the skin by removing dead cells which in turn fades dark spots, blemishes and hyperpigmentation. Rose water works as a natural cleanser to unclog skin pores. Its effective anti-inflammatory property soothes skin irritation, redness and blemishes.
- Take 2 tablespoons of pure sandalwood powder and
- Mix it with 1 tablespoon of rose water to turn it into a thick paste.
- Apply it on the face and other affected areas, let it dry for 30 minutes and wash off with water.
- Repeat it 3-4 times a week for best results.