Natural Home Remedies for Varicose Veins
If you have varicose veins, you are among the 10 percent of the world’s population that also suffers from this uncomfortable problem. Varicose veins are bulging veins visible through the skin. Most people who suffer from them are embarrassed that others see their bare legs and often experience pain and discomfort. There are some great home remedies for varicose veins that can help improve vein health and appearance over time.
Causes of Varicose Veins:
- Weakness in the walls of the veins
- Formation of blood clots in the veins, which obstruct the flow of blood
- Genetics and heredity factors
- Obesity or being overweight significantly increase the amount of pressure exerted on the veins
- Congenital abnormalities in the veins
- Spending a long period of time in one position, which restricts the flow of blood.
Marigold has been used in traditional medicine to control bleeding, heal damaged tissue and as an anti-inflammatory agent. This effect is believed to be the result of the flavonoid compounds present in the flowers.
How to Use:
- Separate the petals of the marigold flowers, wash and crush them to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on the area affected by varicose veins, leave it on overnight and wash the next morning.
- Repeating this daily will help to reduce the discomfort of the varicose veins.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar:
As always, it seems like almost any condition can be improved somehow by this magical cure-all. In terms of varicose veins, consuming apple cider vinegar has been shown to detoxify the blood, while also promoting circulation and reduce inflammation. These three factors together make it an ideal tonic for varicose vein conditions.
How to Use:
- The easiest remedy is mixing two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drinking it two times a day.
- You can also get undiluted apple cider vinegar and combine it with your normal lotion and apply it to the affected areas.