Home Remedies for Unwanted Facial Hair Removal
Many women suffer from unwanted facial hair growth which is unsightly and embarrassing for them. Facial hair is bothersome for women because a feeling of masculinity is associated with it. Getting rid of facial hair makes a woman feel feminine and confident. Unwanted hair growth often results from hormonal imbalance in women. The level of estrogen determines the hair growth. Many women face this problem during the early stage of menopause when body’s hormone level fluctuates off and on. Unwanted hair growth, particularly on the upper lip, cheeks and chin, is a long time problem and opting for bleaching, waxing and shaving can make it worse.
Laser hair removal methods and electrolysis can remove unwanted hair permanently, but they are not only highly expensive but also painful and can cause infection. So before you resort to highly expensive chemical methods, try these effective home remedies, the regular use of which can stop hair growth.
1. Honey and Lemon Juice:
Lemon juice is a good natural bleacher, while honey brings in the necessary stickiness that helps lift off the fine hair from your face. In this mixture, lemon will act as an exfoliating agent, slowly eating away the hair off your face while honey makes the process even faster by hydrating the hair strands.
- Mix a tablespoonful of lemon juice with three to five spoons of honey.
- Mix and apply the paste on your face.
- Let it stay for half an hour. Slowly remove the mask using a washcloth.
2. Turmeric and Milk:
Ahh turmeric… It’s been used to treat skin diseases for centuries. In addition to having antibacterial and antiseptic properties, turmeric also removes unwanted hair and prevents hair growth. You might find that if you have heavy or dense hair this paste might not be as effective as those who have fine hair.
- Using a 3:1 ratio, mix the turmeric and milk together until you have a thick paste.
- Spread the paste onto your skin in the same direction as your hair growth and allow it to dry.
- Use a dry washcloth to scrub your skin in a circular motion and remove the paste.
- Repeat the treatment every few days or as you see your hair growing.
- You should notice your hair gets finer and takes longer to grow back after you’ve been using the paste for a couple of months.