Home Remedies For Dark Circles Under Eyes
Dark circles appear when the skin under the eyes becomes discolored or dark. They are mainly caused due to aging, inadequate sleep, heredity, or even stress. Dark circles can appear to both men and women, irrespective of the age. Though, it is not a serious problem, but, it can look really bad sometimes. No doubt, market is flooded with expensive cosmetic products that promise you to alleviate the problem, but, the chemicals present in them may negatively affect the delicate skin underneath your eyes. Therefore, you can get rid of the dark circles by trying out some simple and easy home remedies.
Dark circles form around your eyes, sometimes accompanied by eye bags. What we must understand is that the skin around our eyes is the thinnest, and undoubtedly sensitive. Lack of sleep, or rubbing your eyes vigorously causes dark circles around eyes. This is due to the inconsistent blood flow in the capillaries or breakage of the capillaries.
1. Almond Oil:
Almond oil has vitamin K & E that improves clotting, reduces discoloration under the eyes. It has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that contract the dilated blood vessels causing discoloration under the eyes.
- Apply a little almond oil on all over the dark circles at night before going to sleep.
- Massage it gently for few minutes to get well absorbed into the skin.
- Leave it on for overnight and rinse off in the morning with cold water.
- Pat dry your eyes and repeat the same process daily till you get relief from dark circles and puffy eyes.
2. Tomato & lemon Juice:
Tomato is an excellent home remedy to remove dark circles under eyes as it naturally helps in lightening the colour of the skin.
- You just need to mix 1 teaspoon of tomato juice with a teaspoon of lemon juice and apply it under your eyes.
- After applying it, let it remain for about 10 minutes. Then, wash it off with water.
- Repeat this remedy at least 2 times a day.