10 Natural Remedies to Cure Cracked Heels
Cracked heels, also referred to as heel fissures are a series of cracks appearing in the heels of both feet. They can be very painful and sensitive to heat and cold and occur in people of all ages. They occur due to lack of moisture, and there are several home remedies for cracked heels that give instant relief from the pain. Even standing for long hours, developing an allergy for soap, cold weather, keeping the feet wet most of the time can all cause cracked heels making it difficult to wear shoes and quite embarrassing when your feet are exposed.
If not dealt with on time, they can result in discomfort, bleeding and infections. With suitable toes care pursuits, cracked heels will also be handled completely.
1. Neem Leaves:
If you are able to purchase this herb fresh or have a paste available to you at your natural foods store, this solution is most effective in the ridding of cracked heels for an extended period of time.
How To Do:
- Apply a mixture of neem leaf powder and turmeric powder to the cracked area of your heels.
- Leave the mixture there for 30-45 minutes and wash away the paste when you are done.
- Pat your feet dry. You should see results in only a few days.
2. Baking Soda & Olive Oil:
Using a combination of bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) and olive oil is a great way to keep your heels free of cracks. Bicarbonate of soda helps to create ideal PH for the feet, and it will also help to exfoliate skin.
How To Do:
- Pour half a cup of baking soda into water, and then soak your feet for about fifteen minutes.
- Pat them dry and apply olive oil to moisturize.
- This will give you very soft heels after a few treatments.
3. Warm Water Soaking:
One of the easiest home remedies for dry feet and cracked heels is a warm water soak. You can remove some of the hard skin from your feet and heels by simply soaking your feet in some warm water with a little sea salt in it. The water will soften the skin and it will make it easier to remove the hard, dead skin with a pumice stone.