Home Remedies For Age Spots on Face
Age spots also known as solar lentigines and liver spots are painless, flat, dark brown or black blemishes on skin. They mostly appear on the face, back of the hands, neck, shoulders and sometimes on back and feet due to sun exposure. Age spots commonly occur in older adults more than 50 years of age but an early appearance of these dark spots is associated with greater exposure to the UV rays of the sun.
It is a strenuous task to completely remove age spots but various creams and permanent age spot treatments are available in the market today. Clinical treatments such as laser age spot removal and other cosmetics are effective but may cause side effects. There are some really effective natural remedies that can be easily followed at home to get rid of age spots.
1. Castor Oil:
Castor oil includes healing property that can help you eliminate age spots or brown spots effectively. In addition, to remove age spots more quickly, you should add almond oil, olive oil, coconut oil, or vitamin E oil, which will speed up your healing process.
How to Apply:
- Get some castor oil and use the cotton ball to apply it on the skin.
- Massage the area gently for some minutes.
- Leave it for several hours before washing off with water.
- You should do this remedy every morning and every night to improve skin tone and reduce brown spots.
2. Aloe Vera:
Aloe vera is one of the best home remedies for age spots and it is friendly for every skin. This ingredient will dehydrate, moisturize, as well as get rid of brown spots on face perfectly.
How to Apply:
- Get an aloe vera leaf.
- You a spoon or your finger to take out its gel.
- Use the gel to apply on the face and affected regions for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with water.
- You can use this treatment twice per day for months.