Simple Exercises to Reduce Subcutaneous Fat
Subcutaneous fat lies just below the skin and an excess of it will yield a plump appearance. Men tend to store excesses in their abdomen, chest, and shoulders. Sometimes referred to as android fat distribution, this can lead to an apple-shaped appearance. Women tend to store excesses in their hips and thighs, known as Gynoid fat distribution. A pear-shaped appearance is the result.
When it comes to societal perception of looks, a surplus of subcutaneous fat is generally viewed as unattractive and most want to get rid of it. While excesses of this type in your stomach aren’t exactly healthy, having too much doesn’t pose any additional risk than too much in other areas of your body.
1. Reverse Curl with Ball:
How to Do:
- Lie on your back with your arms by your sides.
- Rest your heels and calves about knee-width apart on the ball.
- Tense your abs and, holding the ball between your heels and thighs, raise it off the floor.
- Slowly, return to starting position.
2. Lie On Your Stomach:
How to Do:
- With elbows bent and close to your waist, lift your entire body into a plank position.
- The entire body is in a straight line parallel to the floor and resting on your forearms and toes.
- Use your abdominal and back strength to maintain this position.
- Slowly return to starting position.