Effective Exercises To Reduce Side Fat
If that stubborn side fat won’t seem to budge, fear not you can shrink your love handles and saddlebags with diet and exercise. While there are no exercises that specifically target the fat on your sides or anywhere else on your body, losing weight will make your side area thinner along with the rest of your figure. In addition, the right strength-training moves will add definition and make your waist, trunk and hips appear tighter.
1. Bicycle Crunches:
How To Do:
- Lie flat on the floor with the lower back pressed into the ground.
- Place your hands slightly either side of your head, do not lock your fingers or pull the head up.
- Lift your knees to a 45 degree angle.
- At first slowly go through a bicycle pedal motion with the legs.
- Alternately touching your elbows to the opposite knee twisting back and forth through the core.
- Keep the elbows back rather than forward to the chest as this could strain the neck.
2. Oblique V-Up:
How To Do:
- Lie on your side with your legs extended and your left arm resting in front of you.
- Prop up your upper body with your right forearm against the floor.
- Raise your legs about 4-6 inches off the ground.
- But don’t raise your upper body to meet this movement.
- Focus on your obliques as you raise your legs. Hold for 15-30 seconds.
- Switch sides and repeat for 4 reps total.
3. Russian Twists:
- While sitting on the floor, bend your legs and feet to the ground.
- Extend your arms straight out holding a weight or medicine ball.
- Lower down the upper body making a 45 degree angle to the floor.
- Rotate your arms from side to side, twisting the upper body. Do 4 sets of 15 reps.