Exercises to Reduce Side Belly Fat
Although they’re referred to as love handles, there’s nothing to love about the excess flab at the sides of your waistline. The muscles underneath that layer of fat are known as your obliques. Although their function is to rotate your torso, it’ll take more than torso rotations to get rid of the fat. Reducing fat in one area of your body isn’t possible. Instead, focus on losing weight from your entire body, and as the fat reduces, so will the fat around your middle.
Side belly are deposits of excess body fat that sit around your abdominal area, and most of us can pinch our belly fat from the front, back and sides. And it’s not just about fitting into that dress or your favourite pair of jeans — excessive fat can also hurt your health.
1. Russian Twist:
How to Do:
- Begin in a seated position with bended knees and flat feet.
- Lean back slightly with a strong straight back and get into a comfortable position, contracting your ab muscles.
- Stretch your arms out in front of you and twist the torso from side to side.
- For more intensity, tap the floor to the right of your hip and then the left side.
- To further increase difficulty, lift your feet off the floor or use a weighted medicine ball in your hands.
2. Single-Leg Cross Slide:
How to Do:
- From a straight-arm plank position (with towel folded under feet).
- Shift into a single-leg plank by bending left knee into chest and pressing inside of foot against inside of right knee.
- Engage abs and bend right knee, sliding towel in, so that both knees come to the outside of left elbow.
- Slide and extend right leg back out into single-leg plank. That’s one rep.
- Do 10 reps on the right, and then repeat on the left.