Simple Exercises To Reduce Saddlebags Fat
Saddlebags are those pesky flaps of fat that settle on your outer thighs and hips. You hate the way they make you look, but they just won’t go away. You can’t spot reduce your saddlebags, but combining cardiovascular exercise with strength training is a healthy way to trim the fat and tone your muscles. The best moves are those that target your upper legs while also burning calories.Talk to your doctor before starting a new exercise routine.
“Saddlebags” describes accumulated pockets of fat and cellulite on the outsides of the thighs. In order to lose fat in this area, you’ll need to commit to a fitness program that includes a healthy diet, regular cardiovascular exercise and strength training exercises that target the outer thigh muscles or adductors. Because it’s impossible to spot reduce in any one area, performing cardiovascular exercise and eating a healthy diet will help you lose weight over your entire body, including the saddlebag area.
How to Do:
- Find a step or a bench that, when you place your foot squarely on it, your knee is at a 90-degree angle or larger.
- Step up 20 times leading with the right foot, then the left, bringing both feet completely onto the bench.
- To return to the starting position, lead with the right foot to step down to the floor,
- Then the left, until ending with both feet on the ground.
- Switch legs and start stepping with the left foot for 20 steps.
2. Squat with Kick:
How to Do:
- Stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart. Kick your right foot in front of your body.
- Then, bring your foot back on the floor and get into a squat position.
- Complete a squat and return to your starting position.
- Repeat this exercise 15 times on the right side of the body before switching to the left side.
- The squat-with-kick exercise targets your hip area.