Simple Exercises to Reduce Pooch Fat
Pooch fat is the most irritating accumulation of fat around the abdomen region. This is a dangerous health hazard because it can cause many internal problems. The most frequent problems faced by people with pooch fat are high cholesterol, heart stroke, hypertension, heart attack, diabetes and many others. Do ab exercises and crunches or choose to do cardiovascular exercises along with a weight loss diet.
We all want a toned, flat stomach. No surprise there. But since many women are still relying on crunches to get it, we want to make one thing clear: Crunching is not the most effective abs workout. “Crunches work only the muscles on the front and sides of your abdomen, but it’s important to target all the muscles of the core to get more defined abs—including lower back, hips, and upper thighs,” As you exercise, calories are burned and your body fat percentage decreases. So, exercising not only helps you lose pooch fat, it also sheds fat from other areas. Running and walking are two of the best fat-burning exercises.
Causes of Pooch Fat?
- Hormonal Changes
- Dining Late at Night
- Poor Sitting Posture
- Not Getting Enough Protein in Your Regular Diet
- Stress And Diseases
- Sagging Muscles
How to Do:
- Initially lie down on the floor on your back with your knees bent and your feet on the ground.
- Place your hands behind your head and hold it tightly. If you find this difficult then you can also keep them crossed on the chest.
- After this inhale deeply, as you will be needing power to push yourself up.
- Now, slowly lift yourself up (just raise your back from the ground), you need to exhale while lifting.
- Try to push yourself as much as you can, then come down slowly.
- Keep in mind that you don’t jerk your head while lifting.
- This will create pressure on your neck and might result in pain.
- Once you get back down, again inhale deeply and then exhale as you come up.
2. Bicycle Exercise:
How to Do:
- Lie down on the floor on your back and keep your hands either on the ground or behind your head.
- Lift both your legs and bend them at the knees.
- Bring right leg towards your chest and move left leg away from the chest.
- Now, bring the left leg towards the chest and move the right leg away from the chest.