Simple Exercises to Reduce Legs Fat
Your legs are made up of a variety of muscles including hamstrings, adductors, quadriceps, gastrocnemius, soleus and tibialis anterior. When these muscles are inactive for too long, they lose their strength and definition. Combining inactivity with a bad diet results in excess fat stored in your legs. it is important for you to build muscle in your lower body as well as follow a exercises to lose leg fat quickly.
Lower leg fat or fat calves as some people call them can be embarrassing when trying to wear shorts or skirts. They can also draw unwanted attention at the swimming pool or beach. You may just want a little bit more definition and toned lower and upper legs or you may be on the verge of having ankles. Either way here are some specific actions you can take to reduce lower leg fat.
1. Standing Calf Raise:
How to Do:
- Stand near a wall or chair for balance. Place your feet hip-distance apart with the ankles, knees and hips square to the front.
- Once you are stable, slowly lift your heels off the ground raising the body upward (not forward or backward).
- Tuck your butt under just a bit and tighten the abs as you raise.
- Hold this position for 3 to 10 seconds.
- Release and repeat 10 to 20 times.
2. Lift legs:
How to Do:
- Lie on the mat with your arms by your sides and your palms facing down.
- Raise your left leg toward the ceiling and rotate it to make an imaginary circle.
- Make 5 individual circles in both clockwise and anti-clockwise directions.
- Repeat the same with right leg to lose thigh fat. A simple exercise to reduce thigh fat at home!