Simple Exercises to Reduce Knee Fat
Fat accumulation around your knees is unsightly and won’t budge unless you shed weight from your entire body. This might sound like great task, but the right combination of exercise can deliver rewarding results. In addition to aerobic exercise, several exercises exist that might help reduce bulging fat around your kneecaps. These targeted strengthening exercises can help tone your legs while consistent aerobic exercise will help fight fat on all areas of your body.
Fat pockets can develop anywhere on your body; if you have excess fat around your knees, it can be embarrassing when you wear leg-baring clothes. Although it’s not possible to spot reduce, an overall weight-loss plan can help you get rid of knee fat. In addition to engaging in calorie-burning and leg-toning exercises, you should also eat a healthy, calorie-reduced diet to help you achieve your weight-loss goals.
1. Leg Extensions:
How to Do:
- Sit on the edge of a chair with your knees bent, back straight and abdominal muscles tight.
- Hold the dumbbell between your feet with a firm grip.
- Slowly raise your bent knees straight up into the air and straighten your legs out in front of you.
- Slowly bend at the knees to return to the original position.
- Perform three sets of 10 repetitions of this exercise.
2. Straight Leg Raise:
How to Do:
- Lay on your back. Stretch both legs out on the floor.
- Lift the right leg up to about 6 inches off the floor and hold the contraction for 10 seconds.
- Make sure to keep abs tight. It may help to place hands underneath you at the lower area of the back for support as you want to avoid arching.
- Make sure to engage those quadriceps!
- This will strengthen the quadriceps and your core. Repeat 5 times on each side.