Effective Exercises to Reduce Gluteal Fat
Gluteal fat can make you feel unfit and frumpy. If you’ve tried different fad diets and workouts with no luck, don’t despair as it is possible to rid your belly and lower-body of excess fat. The key is to stick to a consistent exercise routine that consists of cardio and strength training that targets trouble zones. Although you cannot spot-reduce fat from the body, you will lose back and buttock fat as part of an overall weight-loss program.
Your rear end is actually made up of three muscles: the gluteus maximus (underneath each butt cheek), the gluteus medius and the gluteus minimus, both of which are located around the bony part of your pelvis. Most toning exercises that work your glutes will also target other muscles, such as your quads and hamstrings, making them efficient for firming up your entire lower body.
How to Do:
- Stand with your feet hip distance apart and parallel and push your hips back so that your weight goes into your heels.
- Squat down into a 90 degree angle as though you are about to sit on a chair.
- Make sure you can see your toes beyond your knees, as this protects the knees from too much stress.
- Come back up while still pressing down on your heels evenly, toes lightly touching the ground.
- Try and push your butt back as far as you can, while keeping your feet planted and your shoulders back.
- Do two sets of 20 reps
2. Sprinter Kickback:
This is also an easy exercise to do for reducing the fat around buttocks and toning gluteal muscles. This is done with the help of cable.
How to Do:
- Face the machine where the cable is attached. Tie up the cable with the left ankle.
- Then lift up your left leg backwards.
- Extend your hips by squeezing the glutes and take your left leg back behind to form an semi-circular arch.
- Return to original position.