Simple Exercises to Reduce Flanks Fat
Flanks fat are deposits of fat that form along the sides of your waist, or your Love handles. These fat deposits can develop quickly and are difficult to eliminate. Flanks fat typically form as a result of poor diet and lack of exercise. However, even if you transform your diet and exercise habits and begin losing weight, your love handles may remain. Despite the countless exercises designed to target the flank area specifically, these stubborn fat deposits are often unresponsive.
The flanks fat area along your sides above your waist is traditionally a tough area to target. Unless you play tennis, the internal and external obliques—the two muscle pairs that form your love handles and help you twist and turn—are largely unused in daily life.
1. Side Crunch:
How to Do:
- Lie on your right side with your legs extended.
- Cross your right arm across your waist, and place your right hand on your left side.
- Bring your left fingertips behind your ear, with your elbow pointed toward the ceiling.
2. Two-Handed Wood Chop:
How to Do:
- Stand while holding a dumbbell in both hands next to your right ear.
- Flex your abs and rotate your torso to the left as you extend your arms.
- And lower the dumbbell to the outside of your left knee.
- Lift it back, finish the set, and repeat on the other side.