Effective Exercises to Reduce Eye Bags at Home
Eyes are the focal point of the face and heavy eye bags can produce an overall haggard, tired look. The sensitive skin around the eyes is particularly prone to premature aging, often a direct cause of these unsightly, puffy eye bags.
This is, however, something that can not only be avoided by looking after it through regular application of suitable moisturisers, but also through a daily exercise routine. This is not the kind of exercise routine performed in a gym, but facial exercises that can be done at home, in the office or on the beach.
Causes of Eye Bags:
- Loss of skin elasticity due to aging.
- Droopy cheek muscles.
- Sinus infection or allergic rhinitis.
- Thyroid or kidney problem.
- Fatigue and lack of sleep.
- Hormonal imbalances.
- Food and dust allergies.
- Iron deficiency.
- Caffeine addiction.
1. The V:
How to Do:
- Press both middle fingers together at the inner corner of the eyebrows, then with the index fingers.
- Apply pressure to the outer corners of the eyebrows.
- Look to the ceiling, and raise the lower eyelids upwards to make a strong squint, and then relax.
- Repeat six more times and finish by squeezing eyes shut tightly for 10 seconds.
2. Pull on your forehead with finger:
How to Do:
- Put your index fingers just above each of your eyes.
- Pull down on your eyes while trying to raise your eyebrows.
- Repeat 10 times to help firm your forehead.
3. Lift The Eyebrows:
How to Do:
- Now place your three middle fingers from each hand under each eyebrow with the pads of your fingers lined up along the lower part of the eyebrow
- After this, relax the palms of your hands down towards your face and no need to keep them sticking an angle
- Now gently push your eyebrows upwards with your three fingertips.
- Next you have to push as high as possible and then gently extend the stretch outwards the temples and keep your eyes wide open.
- Now you have to hold this position for a count of five
- Now simply push down with your forehead muscles to create a resistance with your fingertips and then hold for a further count of five
- After then keep yourself relax and then repeat the exercise for 5-10 minutes.