Effective Exercises to Reduce Calves Fat
If you have bulky, fatty, or just disproportionately large calves, then help is on the way. Take up a cardiovascular exercise routine. If you have extra fat to burn, sixty minutes of moderate to high intensity cardio two to three times a week can help you slim down without necessarily building muscle in your reduce calves fat.
People focus on toning abs, hips, glutes, thighs etc. but generally forget the calves. Losing fat around the calves area is not only aesthetically appealing but also improves lower body strength and athletic performance.
1. Sumo Squat with Calf Raise:
How to Do:
- Stand with your feet wider than hip-width apart, toes slightly turned out, hands on your hips.
- Bend your knees over your toes and lower your body into a squat.
- Hold this position and lift your heels up (without raising your hips) and then press them back down.
- Return back to the start. Do 10 reps. Shake legs and stretch.
2. Side Lunge:
If you’re anything like most women, the inner thighs are your trouble spots. So are mine. That’s exactly why any moves that can target them specifically, I’m up for. This side lunge does just that – toning and strengthening the hard to reach inner thigh muscles. And these muscles are also critical in hip stability and fending off running injuries.
How to Do:
- To start, stand tall with your feet together. Place your hands on your hips or grab some weights and hold them by your sides.
- Take a nice big and controlled step to the left with your left leg. Make sure to land flat on your foot.
- Keeping your chest up and the weight in your heels, push your hips back, bend your right knee and lower your body until your right leg is almost parallel to the floor,
- And your right knee is directly over your ankle. Your left leg should stay straight throughout the entire movement.
- Pause, then bring your right leg back to start. Step sideways with your right leg and repeat.