Simple Exercises to Reduce Bingo Wings
Whether you call them ‘bingo wings’, ‘bat wings’ or even ‘tuck shop arms’, they all mean the same thing: unattractive arm jiggle. Perhaps you first noticed your ‘wings’ when summer rolled around and you didn’t look quite as fetching as you thought in that sleeveless dress. Or maybe it was when you went outside against a stiff wind and literally felt your skin flapping in the breeze. Or – as a friend of mine explained the other day – it was when she looked at her arms on the bed when she was reading and they looked like they had dissolved into a pool of flesh.
Some people are under the impression the only way to get rid of them is to have surgery – which is simply untrue. In fact, this muscle, in most cases, responds fairly quickly to resistance exercise. You can have your arms back in tip-top condition and jiggle-free if you persist with these easy exercises. You don’t need equipment, and you can do them at home.
1. Scissors Exercise for Arms:
How To Do:
- The body movement for this exercise resembles the opening and closing of a pair of scissors.
- Stand straight and lift arms to shoulder height.
- Stretch the arms and overlap the right one over the left and get them back to the original position.
- Next, get the left over the right and so on.
- Three sets of 10 reps of this fun exercise can help achieve the most slender arms.
2. Dumbbell Bent Over Reverse Flyes:
How To Do:
- This exercise will tone your arms, shoulders and back.
- With your feet about shoulder width apart, bend forward at the waist until your torso is almost parallel with the floor.
- You can modify this exercise by not bending forward quite as far.
- With a dumbbell in each hand, your arms should be straight and pointing towards the floor.
- Slowly raise your arms (keeping them straight) away from each other and toward the ceiling.
- Stop when your arms are even with your shoulders.
- Slowly lower your arms and repeat.