8 Simple Exercises to Reduce Back Fat
The most difficult thing about losing weight is that you cannot target a specific spot and work to melt away fat from that particular area. It takes well-planned full-body training to burn the fat and notice overall results. While most of the workouts concentrate on tightening and toning the stomach, arms, butt and legs, the back is one of the ignored and difficult trouble spots where the fat gets deposited and forms a flabby layer over the muscles resulting in embarrassing bra bulge and muffin tops. But, here are classic body-toning exercises that will help you to flaunt a strong, well-defined and sculpted back and shoulders in very less time.
Exercise is part of the strategy to eliminate lower back fat, but it’s not the only strategy. All the side bends, torso rotations and bird dogs in the world can’t whittle away your lumbar load. Spot training just isn’t possible — fat loss doesn’t work like that.
1. Side Leg Lift:
How to Do:
- Lie straight on the floor on your right side, with your leg, hip, and side all against the mat.
- The right arm can rest behind your head or in front of your body for balance and support.
- Rest your left leg on top of your right one, stacked on top of it.
- As you exhale, lift both legs off the ground together by about 3 or 4 inches.
- Be sure to initiate the movement from the core of your body.
- As you inhale, lower the legs back toward the mat, keeping your feet slightly above the ground itself as if hovering above it.
- Repeat this movement 6 to 8 times before lowering your feet back to the ground.
- Switch to your left side and repeat.
2. Pull Ups:
How to Do:
- Hang from a pull-up bar gripping it shoulder width apart.
- Pull your body up by pulling your elbows towards the floor and keep pulling till the chin passes the bar.
- Lowe yourself down until the arms are straight. Repeat 5 to 10 times.
- People who are not able to do the Pull -up can do the Chin Ups or Negative Pull Ups or Assisted Pull Ups in the gym using a machine.
- You can also do the inverted row TRX band exercise which works quite similarly like the pull ups.