Effective Exercises to Reduce Abdominal Fat
When it comes to accumulating fat, the abdominal region is without a doubt the most critical part of our body. Fat accumulates here almost without us even noticing, breaking that natural balance we have around our waist.
Some unhealthy lifestyle habits such as being sedentary or having a poor diet can cause abdominal fat to build up. As we all know, waiting for a miracle will not do much; to get that flat stomach, you need to put forth some effort and make some small exercises to reduce abdominal fat in body.
How to Do:
- Be seated on a flat bench so that your body is positioned perpendicular to its length. Anchor your body with your bum at all times.
- Grab the back of the bench, drop your torso backwards, and extend your legs forward until your entire body is straight and parallel to the floor.
- Simultaneously pull in your lower abs and crunch your upper abs to form a “V” with your quads and stomach.
- Keep your abs tight, a straight back, and strong posture throughout.
- Repeat for 15-20 reps.
- Once this becomes too easy, increase the difficulty by holding a light weight in between your feet.
2. Bicycle Exercise:
How to Do:
- Lie on the mat or on the floor and keep your hands either behind your head or by your side as you do in crunches.
- Lift both the legs off the ground and then bend them at the knees.
- Bring the right knee close to the chest, keeping the left leg out.
- Then take the right leg out and bring the left leg close to the chest.
- Alternate bending the knees as if you are using a bicycle.