Simple Exercises to Get Stronger Abs
Many women underestimate the importance of their abdominal muscles. Strong, toned and defined abs do much more than just improve your appearance and help you fit into your skinny jeans. Your abs are part of a group of muscles known as core muscles, which are your body’s critical supporting tissues. They help you even when you don’t realise it, such as properly supporting your spine, improving upper body strength and helping to minimise the risk of injury. If you want stronger abs.
There are so many abs exercises to choose from, that it can seem impossible to figure out the right exercises to strengthen your abs. In my opinion, the best way to strengthen your abs is to choose harder and harder exercises to complete, not just complete more and more sets and reps.
1. Back Extensions:
How to Do:
- Lie on the floor face down with your arms at your side and lift your chest off the floor.
- If this is too difficult, begin with your arms parallel under your chest, forearms on the floor, and hands pointing forward.
- Try to use your back to lift your chest off your forearms, but let your arms do some of the work if necessary.
2. Vertical leg Crunch:
How to Do:
- Lie down with hands behind your head.
- Put your legs straight up with knees crossed.
- Flex abs to lift head and shoulders off the floor. Lay back down.
- Keep legs extended in the air the whole time.
- Exhale when you flex; inhale when you lay back down.
- Do 1-3 sets with 12-16 repetitions.