8 Simple Exercises to Reduce Belly Fat
Belly fat is more than just an unattractive physical problem, since it can pose a serious risk to your health. Belly fat is a sign that there is visceral fat (fat that lies deep within your belly). An excessive amount of visceral fat causes changes in your body like high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, and insulin resistance. It can even increase estrogen levels which can lead to higher risk of cardiovascular disease, stroke, breast cancer, type 2 diabetes and colorectal cancers. Women should try to maintain their waistlines at a maximum of 35 inches and men should not allow their waist to exceed 40 inches.
According to studies made recently, when there is an increase in belly fat, you are more at a risk of suffering from cardiovascular problems. Both are directionally proportional to each other. So, it is important that you try to reduce the size of your waist to increase your life span. You cannot reduce belly fat by concentrating on just your belly and ignoring other parts of your body. So, an overall weight reduction plan combined with midsection toning is what you must do.
- Vertical Leg Crunch
- Russian Twist
- Knee Raise with Twist
- Captain’s Chair
- Side Plank Bends Left and Right
- Bicycle Exercise
- Exercise Ball Crunch
1. Vertical Leg Crunch:
Performing this exercise is similar to doing a leg crunch except that the legs are straight up, forcing the abs to work and adding intensity to the routine.
How To Do:
- Lie on the floor with the legs straight up, knees crossed, and place the hands beneath the head for support.
- Contract abs lifting the shoulders off the floor and keep legs in a fixed position to crunch.
- Do 1 to 3 sets with 12 to 16 repetitions.
Burpees have a much-deserved reputation for being brutal, but they’re so popular because they get amazing results. Like most things that are hard, the end results make it all worthwhile.
How To do:
- Start from a standing position with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Drop to the floor, and perform a push-up.
- At the top of the push-up, jump forward to bring your knees to your chest, and continue the jump to bring you
- as high off the floor as possible and back to a standing position.
- These are real killers, but try to do as many as you can in two to three sets, lasting 30 seconds per set.
3. Russian Twist:
If fat on your sides and belly is troubling you and you want to increase your endurance then do Russian Twist. This exercise works the core and obliques working for a flat and defined waist and stomach. Include the exercise in your routine and burn fat around you belly. Use Swiss balls or snay thing to hold between your hands to increase the intensity of the exercise
4. Knee Raise with Twist:
Sit up straight and move toward the edge of the chair. Place your feet in front of you. Raise your hands touching the sides of your head. To perform the exercise, lift one knee while touching it with the opposite elbow, right elbow with to left knee, and do the same step on the other side: left elbow with right knee. You should feel a contraction in your lower abdominal muscles.
5. Captain’s Chair To Reduce Belly Fat Fast:
- Everything you need to do this exercise is a chair.
- Sit on the chair with your spine straight and shoulders loose.
- Keep both hands beside you with your palms by the side of your hips, confronting descending. Inhale deeply.
- As you exhale, bring both your legs upwards such that your knees are close to your chest. Hold for a few
- second. Don’t bend ahead and curve your back.
- Bring down your leg slowly and repeat once more.
6. Side Plank Bends Left and Right:
How to Do:
- Lie on your left side with your left elbow bent near the side of the chest.
- Bend the lower leg at the knee, keeping the knee on the floor, then lift hips.
- Once balanced, place the right hand behind the head with elbow bent.
- Lift the knee of the top leg towards your top elbow and bend the upper body towards the knee at the same time.
- Keep abs tight! Continue the movement, then repeat on the other side.
7. Bicycle Exercise:
How to Do:
- Lie on the mat or on the floor and keep your hands either behind your head or by your side as you do in crunches.
- Lift both the legs off the ground and then bend them at the knees.
- Bring the right knee close to the chest, keeping the left leg out.
- Then take the right leg out and bring the left leg close to the chest.
- Alternate bending the knees as if you are using a bicycle.
8. Exercise Ball Crunch:
How to Do:
- Lie on the ball so your lower back is supported and feet are firmly planted on the ground
- Place hands across chest or behind the head
- Contract abs and lift your torso up and forward
- Lower back down
- Keep the ball stable during each crunch
- Exhale when you crunch; inhale when you lower back down
- Do 1-3 sets with 12-16 repetitions.