6 Simple Exercises to Get Flat Belly
Hands up who’d like a flat stomach? Yep, we thought so. Sadly, for all of us who don’t find the idea of sweating at the gym and running around in the cold all that appealing, stomach exercises really are one of the best ways to lose belly fat fast.
A few simple flat stomach exercises at home will shift the flab so you’ll feel more confident in your favourite jeans and tops. And, come summer, you’ll want to show off your flat stomach in that bikini on the beach just like the celebs. All it takes is a bit of dedication and setting aside a little time every day to devote to your abdominal exercises to see amazing results.
1. Donkey kickbacks:
How to Do:
- Go down on all fours with your toes tucked in.
- Draw your stomach inwards.
- Lift both your knees a couple of inches off the ground. Keeping your abs contracted, bring the right knee to your nose.
- Stretch your right leg straight behind you and squeeze your butt. Repeat this 8 times.
- After eight repetitions, switch to the left leg.
Crunches are old school, but the key to using them is to keep going until it burns!
How to Do:
- Lie down on your back with your knees bent at a 45-degree angle.
- Place your hands across your chest and crunch upward, lifting only your upper back off the ground.
Leave your lower back on the ground.
- Then come back down, but just before your shoulders touch the ground, crunch upward again.
- Throughout the movement, do not relax your abdominal muscles but keep them consistently tense.
3. Bicycle Crunches:
Bicycle crunches are great for blasting stomach fat away because they engage all of your stomach muscles! While it’s great that you’re working all those ab muscles in one move, that also means that you’ll definitely be feeling the burn during this exercise and, of course, after.
How to Do:
- To do this move, lie flat on your back, shoulders off the floor, hands behind your head,
- And your legs in a 90 degree angle.
- Bring one knee in toward your chest while turning your shoulders and bringing the opposite elbow across your body to meet with your knee.
- Then alternate to the other knee and elbow and repeat.