8 Simple Exercise to Reduce Flabby Arms
3. Diamond Pushups:
How To Do:
- Lay face down on the floor with your feet together and toes on the ground as though you are going to do a normal pushup.
- However, instead of placing your hands under your shoulders, place them under the center of your chest with your thumbs and index fingers forming a diamond shape.
- If you need a lower intensity version of this exercise, place your knees on the ground instead of your toes.
- Push down on your hands to raise your body.
- Keep your back and legs in a straight line throughout the process.
- Don’t lock your elbows at the top of your arm extension.
- Slowly lower yourself back down until you are an inch or two from the ground.
- Repeat as many times as you like, taking rests in between when necessary.
4. Scissors Exercise for Arms:
How To Do:
- The body movement for this exercise resembles the opening and closing of a pair of scissors.
- Stand straight and lift arms to shoulder height.
- Stretch the arms and overlap the right one over the left and get them back to the original position.
- Next, get the left over the right and so on.
- Three sets of 10 reps of this fun exercise can help achieve the most slender arms.
5. Arnold Shoulder Press:
It is a great exercise for the entire shoulder muscles. This exercise hits both the front and side heads of your deltoid muscles. This exercise essentially helps in muscle building. It is a variation of the original shoulder press and is named after the actor and politician, Arnold Schwarzenegger.
How To Do:
- Sit on an exercise bench with a back rest.
- Warm up with 2 to 3 sets right before the actual exercise.
- Hold the dumbbells in front of you above your chest with your palms facing your body.
- Your elbows should be slightly bent.
- Make sure that the dumbbells are above your head and rotate it.
- Continue lifting the dumbbells and make sure that your arms are extended above. Make sure your arms are straight.
- Pause and then lower them to the original position by rotating your palms inward. Repeat 10 to 12 times.