Simple Exercises to Reduce Double Chin
Nobody likes having a double chin! Unlike other demanding exercise, you can learn how to get rid of a double chin with minimal effort. While being overweight can contribute to it, for some people it’s simply a case of weak muscles. Fortunately, getting rid of chin fat is easily fixable. All you need to do is strengthen your neck muscles.
Here you find some extremely effective exercises that will help you tone your chin, neck and jaw muscles. The exercises definitely look ridiculous and will surely make you feel like one as you are doing them at the beginning. However like any other muscles on your body, it can be trained. So have your laugh first and then try to see that the woman in the video really wants to help you learn how to get rid of a double chin.
1. Platysma Tone:
The Platysma tone is an amazing double chin exercise that helps in toning the chin and cheek muscles, that provides you with a prominent jaw line. The Platysma is a muscle arising from the chin and stretching to the shoulder. Working the Platysma also helps in firming the neckline and prevents sagging of the neck.
- Start by sitting or standing in a straight posture.
- Open your mouth slightly pulling back your lips tight and turning them downward, move your jaw up and down while keeping your lips pressed against the teeth.
- Remember that the muscles of the jaw should be engaged and the tendons of the neck should feel the tension.
- Move you jaw up and down 20 times at a stretch and relax.
- Repeat this exercise 20 times.
2. Lip Pull:
This exercise is designed to make you look younger, highlighting your cheekbones and jawline by lifting up your facial muscles.
- Lift your lower lip over your upper lip by pushing your jaw out.
- Stretch it as far as possible till you feel the tension building up.
- Hold this for 10-15 seconds. Release and repeat.